How must this money be used?
Schools assess the individual needs of each of the students who attract the Year 7 catch-up premium to
decide the best way to use the funding. We only select programmes and approaches that we know are
How much funding does Becket Keys receive?
We were allocated £6,800 to spend to improve literacy and numeracy progress for last year's cohort.
How does the school use this funding?
The school uses this funding to provide extra support for those students who need additional literacy and
numeracy support in order to achieve success in line with school and national expectations
Provision available includes:
- 1-1 and small group intervention in English and Mathematics workshops.
- 1-1 and small group reading workshops.
- Small group times table workshop.
- Small group ‘Units of Sound’ workshop, supporting phonological awareness, reading and spelling
- Phonics workshop.
- Fine motor skills workshop.
- Speech and language workshops (Including the Vocabulary Enrichment Intervention Programme –
- Purchase of reading pens for some students in receipt of the Catch-up Premium to support reading
across the curriculum
- Additions to the school library of appropriate accessible books (fiction and non-fiction) to support
- 1-1 learning mentoring (1-1 support).
- 1-1 emotional well-being counselling support.
- Homework support and independent learning resources purchased, such as MathsWatch.