Read about how we are appointing during the Coronavirus Lockdown below. We have plans in place!
Becket Keys Church of England School is situated in Brentwood, Essex. This town is in a semi-rural setting and is just under half an hour to London by train. The area has excellent transports links via the M25, A12 and A127 road network. Brentwood is a great place to base yourself in order to enjoy Essex and the surrounding countryside and the excitement of London.
Becket Keys offers a high quality education in a caring, Christian environment in which each student is known, valued and encouraged to achieve his/her individual potential. We are committed to outstanding academic performance and to fostering a love of learning in our students.
At Becket Keys:
- Act responsibly and respectfully
- Aim high in life and learning
- Engage with and contribute to the local community
- Support all students to achieve their greatest academic potential
- Provide a nurturing environment where students and their individual learning needs are known by all
- Encourage parental engagement
We place emphasis on all members of our community co-operating with others considerately and honestly, promoting the understanding that with rights come responsibilities.
We recognise the hard work and commitment shown by our staff and as well as competitive salaries, all our teachers have professional development opportunities individually tailored to where they are in their careers. Newly Qualified Teachers are supported with a programme run by members of the Senior Leadership Team. Each year we hope to bring in at least three NQTs alongside a high number of student teachers to create a learning hub. This hub provides training on a weekly basis for these new to teaching colleagues and is used by other local schools who wish to benefit.
Staff are provided with laptops and all the software and equipment they need to teach effectively. Whether it is a new interactive whiteboard, a visualiser or simply a clicker to advance to the next slide on a PowerPoint!
We look after our staff's every need, from simple things like free tea and coffee throughout the day, and delicious meals at lunchtime to the use of our quiet and spacious staff room for collaborative work and support.
If you are looking for a positive atmosphere and a great place to work then look no further than Becket Keys! Would you like more information about teaching at Becket Keys? Click here.
Our current vacancies are listed below. For further information, please click on the role you are interested in where you will find the job profile, person specification and closing date for the role. Here you can view the Teacher Profile.
To apply for a vacancy or to submit a speculative application, please complete the Application Form and Equalities Monitoring Form and email with your personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate that thinking about applying for a job in a school is particularly difficult at the moment. So we have put the following in place to support colleagues who are considering a role at Becket Keys Church of England School.
- Phone calls with any member of staff you wish to speak to. Our entire staff team are available at your request to talk to you about life at Becket Keys.
- NQT testimonials. Click here to read letters from our current NQTs telling you about their training year. Our NQTs are also available on the phone for a chat if you want to ask them questions yourself.
- Tours - we can use Skype or WhatsApp to conduct a video tour of the school. If you want we can walk you around our site. We can show you whichever parts of the school you want to see. One of our Senior Leadership team will do this for you.
- On-line interviews - once you have been shortlisted we will conduct our interview on Skype or WhatsApp. We can easily set this up for you. You do not need any special software. We will ask you to prepare a lesson as if you were coming to teach it here, but we will talk it through with you rather than make you teach it. We can also set you other written tasks to do to help us get to know you better.
We also help people who want to become teachers. Contact us directly (01277 286600) or click here to go to the website of our Outstanding Training Partner (Billericay Education Consortium).
Are you interested in training to become a secondary school teacher?
Our school is part of a growing number of schools leading the way for more school-led teacher training. This is really important to us because it means we can choose the very best talent and develop them into teachers. Being able to choose who we train as teachers helps us in delivering the best outcomes for the students at Becket Keys Church of England School.
We are looking for people who have (or will have) a degree, have a passion for teaching and want to inspire young people to fulfil their potential. Please contact us if you would like to hear about the teacher training opportunities available. We can also provide you with support and guidance on your application form and offer you school experience if you just want a taster of what teaching could be like.
Applications are made though UCAS and the school works in partnership with Billericay Educational Consortium.
For further information on what becoming a teacher might involve please visit the Billericay Educational Consortium website: www.billericayscitt.com or ring the secondary team on: 01268 477611 ext. 476 and ask for Becky or email email@example.com
Alternatively, please contact Mrs. Sharp (Initial Teacher Training (ITT) co-ordinator) for an informal chat about training to become a teacher. Call 01277 286600 or contact her via the Contacts Page.
Are you a teacher returning to work after a career break?
If you are a teacher who has had a career break and you are interested in gaining some experience to get back into the classroom, we can also help with this! Contact Mrs. Sharp for details: 01277 286600 or via our Contacts Page